Below you will find job openings in the Rockford or surrounding areas.
If the job listed is not one you see fit for yourself, please visit the Rockford Chamber of Commerce Job Bank to find a multitude of more options.
Prairie State Legal Services
Prairie State Legal Services, Inc. is a not-for-profit legal aid organization that provides civil legal aid services to the poor, elderly, and people with disabilities. Prairie State has 12 offices serving 36 counties throughout northern and central Illinois. We focus services on legal problems that impact the ability of our clients to meet their basic human needs, including physical safety, access to healthcare, adequate housing, and similar needs.
The Staff Attorney will provide legal services to low-income individuals primarily for housing related issues, but also covering a wide-range of other legal issues including family, public benefits, consumer, health, education, and other areas.
To learn more, click here…
Rockford Dance Company
Preferred background in non-profit administration; 3-5 years administrative experience: Bachelor’s degree in related field (dance/performance or administration); Experience in fund development, community relations, programming, marketing,
strategic planning, and grant writing; Experience with budget preparation and management; Excellent communication skills; Proficiency in office software programs (QuickBooks, Word, Power Point)
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall business management and administration of the Rockford Dance Company. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
1.Responsible for the fiscal oversight of the annual operating and production budgets in collaboration with the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors.
2. Responsible for payroll, bill payment, liability and health insurance management, and bank reconciliation. Ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory agencies. Provide accurate data for audits.
3. Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company, school and outreach programs. Provide leadership in the resolution of parent or faculty issues in collaboration with appropriate RDC staff.
4. Provide leadership in collaboration with faculty and staff to develop recruitment and retention strategies for the school. Review pricing structure to ensure robust revenue stream.
5. Negotiate contracts for independent contractors as well as for performance venues ensuring that all space, rehearsal and tech needs are met; coordinate ticket sales and box office functions both online and on-site.
6. Develop performance budgets and goals ensuring the RDC productions are fiscally sound.
7. Responsible for fundraising activities, including grant writing, special events, and the solicitation of donations from individuals, foundations and corporations. Develop and track proposals and reports of all fundraising activities.
8. Responsible for RDC website content ensuring consistent messaging across all RDC social media platforms; responsible for marketing RDC productions.
9. Nurture the relationships with active volunteers and major sponsors and donors. Create and execute a strategy for building and sustaining a base of volunteers and donors.
10. Advise the Board on the formulation, review and evaluation of policies.
11. Carry out the mission and policies as directed by the Board of Directors.
12. Attend Board meetings and committee meetings. Represent RDC on Riverfront Museum Park Board. Serve as RDC ambassador for purposes of fundraising, solicitations, interviews and community events.
13. Responsible for the advancement of the Rockford Dance Company brand and image in the greater Rockford community and the northern Illinois region. Develop promotional and advertising materials and campaigns.
14. Hire, supervise and evaluate the office support staff, consisting of but not limited to Office Manager and School Director.
15. Comply with RDC’s Conflict of Interest policy and Employee Manual.
16. Other duties as assigned.
If interested, please contact Vanessa Hita: [email protected]