Below you will find job openings in the Rockford or surrounding areas.
If the job listed is not one you see fit for yourself, please visit the Rockford Chamber of Commerce Job Bank to find a multitude of more options.
Family Counseling Services of Northern Illinois (FCS) is seeking a dynamic and engaging leader for Executive Director who would desire a position with an organization that offers the following opportunities:
• To participate in the continued development of a fast-growing organization
• To work closely with a strong, engaged, and committed Board of Directors and other highly experienced professionals
• To be the leader in promoting the mission and vision of the organization
• To work closely with a committed and dedicated staff
II. FCS Organization
Family Counseling Services provides counseling, psychotherapy and family life education to
individuals and families in Winnebago, Boone and Ogle counties in Illinois.
FCS programs reflect the believe in cognitive behavior and evidence based treatment approaches to provide early intervention, healthy coping skills and support resilient lifestyles. Mental health counseling can change the lives of a community, a family and the individual. When the stigma of mental health councling disappears there can be real meaningful changes in social problems.
A. Experience, Qualifications & Education
The ideal candidate must have the following qualifications and experiences:
• Demonstrated visionary leadership skills to build and raise an organizations profile
• Proven, high performing fund development experience; ability to identify and cultivate donors, grants, sponsorships and other various sources of revenue
• Business and financial management experience
• Development of marketing platform with conceptual sales/marketing experience
• Ability to develop a strategic grant program
• Ability to build strong community relations
• Exceptional motivational and team building experience
• Understanding that Leadership comes of valuing and working with people of many different styles and skills, with the ability to incorporate and utilize those differences to achieve results.
• An interactive, “management by walking around” style
• Senior level decision-making experience
• Minimum undergraduate degree; advanced degree preferred
• Appropriate computer and software skills/knowledge
• Demonstrated strategic and intentional collaboration experience
• Knowledge of mental health or social work principles
The following qualifications and experiences would be a plus but not required:
• Experience with a not-for-profit
• Experience reporting to a Board of Directors
• Clinical License
B. Personal & Professional Attributes
The successful candidate will have a personal and professional style that includes the following traits:
• Visionary, adaptive, charismatic and flexible leadership
• Ability to frame, sell and get excited about the vision of the FCS organization
• An extremely high level of integrity; trustworthy; high moral standards; character
• A professional demeanor at all times
• Exceptional leadership and management skills; servant and creative leader
• Appropriate ability to communicate (in oral, written and public speaking) effectively, both internally at all levels within FCS and externally to all
• “Big picture” mind set; ability to implement the “Big Picture”
• Ability to deal with multiple projects and prioritize them effectively
• Exceptional public speaking skills
• Effective organization skills
• Effective negotiating skills
• An outstanding work ethic and energy level that’s comfortable functioning in a fast-paced, changing work environment
• A proactive rather than a reactive style of dealing with situations
• A strong “can do” attitude—creative problem solver
C. Compensation and Benefits
The compensation package will consist of a competitive base salary that will be determined, in part, by the successful candidate’s level of professional experience.
Paid vacation, paid holidays and flexible hours. Further information on specific benefits will be supplied to qualified candidates.
FCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Rockford Dance Company
Preferred background in non-profit administration; 3-5 years administrative experience: Bachelor’s degree in related field (dance/performance or administration); Experience in fund development, community relations, programming, marketing,
strategic planning, and grant writing; Experience with budget preparation and management; Excellent communication skills; Proficiency in office software programs (QuickBooks, Word, Power Point)
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall business management and administration of the Rockford Dance Company. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
1.Responsible for the fiscal oversight of the annual operating and production budgets in collaboration with the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors.
2. Responsible for payroll, bill payment, liability and health insurance management, and bank reconciliation. Ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory agencies. Provide accurate data for audits.
3. Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company, school and outreach programs. Provide leadership in the resolution of parent or faculty issues in collaboration with appropriate RDC staff.
4. Provide leadership in collaboration with faculty and staff to develop recruitment and retention strategies for the school. Review pricing structure to ensure robust revenue stream.
5. Negotiate contracts for independent contractors as well as for performance venues ensuring that all space, rehearsal and tech needs are met; coordinate ticket sales and box office functions both online and on-site.
6. Develop performance budgets and goals ensuring the RDC productions are fiscally sound.
7. Responsible for fundraising activities, including grant writing, special events, and the solicitation of donations from individuals, foundations and corporations. Develop and track proposals and reports of all fundraising activities.
8. Responsible for RDC website content ensuring consistent messaging across all RDC social media platforms; responsible for marketing RDC productions.
9. Nurture the relationships with active volunteers and major sponsors and donors. Create and execute a strategy for building and sustaining a base of volunteers and donors.
10. Advise the Board on the formulation, review and evaluation of policies.
11. Carry out the mission and policies as directed by the Board of Directors.
12. Attend Board meetings and committee meetings. Represent RDC on Riverfront Museum Park Board. Serve as RDC ambassador for purposes of fundraising, solicitations, interviews and community events.
13. Responsible for the advancement of the Rockford Dance Company brand and image in the greater Rockford community and the northern Illinois region. Develop promotional and advertising materials and campaigns.
14. Hire, supervise and evaluate the office support staff, consisting of but not limited to Office Manager and School Director.
15. Comply with RDC’s Conflict of Interest policy and Employee Manual.
16. Other duties as assigned.
If interested, please contact Vanessa Hita: [email protected]